The Government of Canada is currently accepting applications from organizations interested in receiving financial assistance from the Enabling Accessibility Fund (EAF).
The Enabling Accessibility Fund is a federal Grants and Contributions program that supports capital costs of constitution and reovations related to improving physical accessibility and safety for people with disabilities in Canadian communities and workplaces.
Since it’s creation in 2007, the program has funded more than 2,300 projects across the country.
The program includes two different types of funding streams:
– The Workplace Accessibility Stream
– The Community Accessibility Stream
Eligible recipients include:
– Not-for-profit organizations, including social enterprises;
– Small municipalities (population under 125,000 as per census data);
– Small businesses (maximum 99 full-time equivalent employees);
– Indigenous organizations (including band councils, tribal councils, and self-government entities);
– Territorial governments
Deadline: July 26, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PT
For more information please visit the website: http://www.edsc.gc.ca/eng/disability/eaf/index.shtml